Under Decision of European Council and Parliament on the establishment of European Migration Network (2008/381/ES) the duty of each National Contact Point is to perform European Migration Network tasks on the national level, in particular:
• preparation of national reports on the situation in the area of migration and asylum including statistical data, policy development, current events analysis and the patterns of migration phenomena;
• performance of all the EMN annual plan activities and other priorities approved by the Steering Board;
• preparation of researches or studies on the national level under common specifications on special issues related to migration and asylum;
• contribution of information in the so called “Ad Hoc Query” used by NCPs and European Commission to be used for the preparation of joint reports comprising the entire EU, neighbouring regions and individual third counties;
• development of the ability for a quick answer to “Ad Hoc Query” requests of NCPs and European Commission to institutional, systemic and legal questions an practices in the area of migration and asylum;
• establishment of a national migration network composed of organisations and individuals working in the area of migration and asylum for the purposes of the cooperation in preparing various national documents, information and analyses.