//Funding EMN within AMIF
Funding EMN within AMIF 2018-03-26T06:42:03+00:00

Funding EMN within AMIF

Providing EMN activities and NCPs with funds operates under the principle of co-funding share ensured by the European Commission under the Decision of European Council and Parliament on the establishment of European Migration Network (2008/381/ES). For the operation of EMN and NCPs the European Commission has the duty to provide European funds from which it can co-finance maximum 80% of all eligible costs whereas the remaining 20% should be provided by the individual Member State from it own budget. The distribution key for individual countries is determined by the European Commission under the annual activities plan of individual Member State which has to be coordinated with the EMN annual working plan and has to consider other criteria, such as different significance of migration and asylum problem in an individual country, number of inhabitants and the average salary. The control over the use of EU resources for the performance of tasks and activities of individual NCPs is implemented based on a yearly financial report of each NCP which has to be approved by the European Commission and the Steering Committee.

After adopting the new EU Financing Framework 2014-2020 and based on Regulation on adoption of the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund, AMIF (2011/751/ES), EMN was transferred under the auspices of AMIF but as na independent part which means that the European Commission will still provide to EMN and NCPs the same share of all the necessary financial support for their operation and further development and that “..the operation of European Migration Network will continue in the form of the Union’s Consultative Committee for migration and asylum in order to fulfil the needs of European institutions and Member States for information on migration and asylum… to support the formation of European Union policies in these areas“.

More information on funding the European Migration Network see Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund 2014-2020 (AMIF).